Friday, January 18, 2008

Slip and Sliding...

Well for you that have been following us on the website you already know where we stand as of late. We are on a slide down from the top. We have lost 8 in a row and who knows when it will end... It all started way back on Saturday December 29 at home against Rio Grande Valley. They started all guards and ran us up and down the court. It was pretty bad to see how fast they were and how slow we looked. I know this because I spent a lot of time watching from the front row. I had a great seat for sure (thats all I am gonna say about that right now). But that is when it all started, you know come to think of it that was also the first game that Jessica saw (she came out to visit that weekend). Could she have been the catalust for this whole thing??? Nope that would be too easy (I am sorry beautiful, love you:). Nope she is definately not the the cause. She did get to see first hand what was up though and you will have to ask her what she thought. We had a great weekend, but I dont think she will come back and I definately dont think she would ever live in good old Des Moines.

The slide has really taken effect on all of us and it really showed this past week at the showcase in Boise, Idaho. We lost both games and looked pretty terrible. It was a chance for us to show all our talents to the NBA scouts and some from Europe. But I dont think we did ourselves any favors. But Boise was so cold and beautiful!!! Love the Life in the D-league... I played well when I did play and got to match up against Kyrlynko Feselochich or something like that. He and I roomed together last summer in Florida at the IMG training facility. It is a cool experience playing ball mainly because you run into so many people over the years that are in similiar situations. We talk and share our stories about games, travel nightmares, and coaching conflicts. We all have pretty much the same stories. But that being said it is amazing how truly small the world is. The people I have met and continue to see will no doubt be what I will remember most. So many different stories and backgrounds but we are all following the same path and just keep running into each other. That is truly what I love most about playing basketball...all the people I have met that otherwise would probably never cross into my life. That is the true spirit of the life that is basketball...

3 comments:

Dustin Lane said...

Glad to see you posting again...was wondering what the score was.

Gonna need more info on you sitting on the bench...what the hell?
Did you sleep with coaches wife...steal the team mascot...say "No Thanks" to the local corn delicacy? Your to good for the Pine. Get out there anyway. Maybe poison the guy that has been taking your minutes.

So...the D-League. As much as I know that basketball is a team sport, I think that in the minors you have to kinda be a bit more selfish and get yourself noticed. Right? I mean, your trying to get into the bigs, right. Self Promotion, brother.
Kinda - but not too much.

The Key - Aggressiveness (Yes, I know...I have said this before...Kill me, this is all I've got). Show these corn fed punks what you've got. Make them need you out on the court (Say it like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men - "We need you on the wall...") it helps. Seriously. For 48 minutes you need to go all out, out of your mind, basketball crazy. Push it like you have never pushed it...Like Hunter Thompson on a Coke binge in Vegas. You may be a bit more tired at the end of the game but so what, its the end of the game. Right?

Really. I want to see you in the NBA. Mainly because I need court side tickets, but also because I want to see you succeed (and so I can point you out to people while watching you on the TV...it makes me look cool). And hey, chicks dig guys in the NBA.

So here is the drill...

Get up an hour earlier than you have been each morning and go running. Get your wind up. Big lungs are the ticket. Do this for the next 2 weeks. Trust me, it will pay off. You will be able to play 48 plus minutes of B-Ball without needing a break. And thats a good thing. This will also turn you into a rebounding, scoring beast...as no one else out there will be able to match your energy. Most of those geeks are lazy, slow, showboats. I have seen them (in the NBA they call these guys The Miami Heat).

(Maybe I should be a coach?)

So thats what I got for now. Maybe I will have something else later but my mind is tapioca...to much editing, recording and trying to figure out how to record the sound of a moving car (without picking the noise from wind).

OK
I am out.

Later.

Dustin

Dustin Lane said...

Kicking Ass in Bakersfield so far...

1st game 18 points & 5 rebounds
2nd game 21 points & 9 rebounds

This is what I am talking about...

Those are Nick Lewis numbers...keep hitting those boards...get after those loose balls (on the court, not off the court)...

Keep it up...We are proud of you...

See you on Feb 14th in Anaheim and March 21st in LA.

Dustin Lane said...

16 rebounds last nite...thats what I'm talking about.
7 points though?
Need at least (AT LEAST) 10 points...double-double kid.
Get what I'm saying?

OK

Keep it up.

And update your blog...getting bored looking at that last title...

OK
Bye.

Dustin