Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Back on Track

Well after a shacky stretch we got back to our winning ways out here in the cold midwest. We were able to redeem ourselves against Ft. Wayne who had been using us as a whipping boy in our last 3 games against them. We went in there and laid the smack down and beat them by 25. That then catapulted us back home to get a win against Sioux Falls in overtime which was rediculous because we were up by 25 at the half and won by 3 in ot. But that is pro basketball no lead is big enough I guess. We had also beat Bakersfield which was a pivot pass, tear ass, first one to a hundred wins type game which I am glad to say we are able to run pretty well. I guess we could definately be considered a running team but we can slow it down and grind it out when we need to, but sometimes we forget that part and we turn into a head down dribble team. At this level you have to be able to use teammates to create for yourself. Guys are quick enough in the league to guard in the half court one on one pretty well. When you run down against a set defense you must be able to run an offense all the way through to make a team play defense for a little while to expose the leaks in the D.
Also this last week our allocated point guard from the Bulls, JamesOn Curry, was called back to Chicago. It has been interesting thus far without him because he was our pg and we hadnt used any other guys at that position so when we played Tulsa we struggled a bit from the point guard position. This was mainly because our guard had not had many reps while JamesOn was here. That is a tough part of this league, the guys that come down take a lot of minutes and when they leave again there can be a void left. But we have had a great week of practice and are ready for the LA d-fenders tomorrow night (12/20). I get to exact a little revenge against LA which was the team I played for at the end of the season last year. (sorry I am not there again d&s you were loyal fans for sure or maybe you were just using me for my Lakers tix)
I am also glad to report that Iowa is turning out to be a pretty cool place. There has been snow on the ground for about 2 weeks but the weather has been nice. Sunny pretty much everyday, but I can say it is a trip since I havent lived with snow for a long time. The thing that sucks is every now and then we get a crazy ice storm which can be a little scary. Roads get shut down and the cities sleeps for a day or so.
Well my best wishes go out to everyone out there reading this. I hope evryone travels safe and has a great Christmas and everyone enjoys friends and family. We have a game Xmas day so you all better be checking the internet for details while you open your presents and enjoy a good cup of hot chocolate. Love to all!!!

1 comment:

Dustin Lane said...

What I wouldn't give for an Ice Storm (or to adopt Christina Ricci...who was in...The Ice Storm...but never mind that right now). Ice is good. Snow cones are good...just don't eat the yellow ones.

OK. Enough of that.

Your team looks pretty good...but who cares about the team. They are there only to get you to the next level. Which is The Canadian League, right (just kidding)?

Your numbers are looking good (I would say you are looking good but aside from that very happy picture on your player page, I have no idea how YOU are looking...you're in Iowa for Pete's sake...who is Pete by the way?).
I would like to see more in the blocks category...2-3 a game. And get that free throw percentage up...you should be an 85% guy. Do I need to mention rebounds? 8-10 please.

Here is the fix...here is the key...

Be Aggressive...
B - E - Aggressive...

Get some attitude going.
Killer instinct.
It works for Kobe...and Michael...and Kareem...and Bird...and Marbury (just kidding, again). You're too nice of a guy. Nice = small numbers. Serial Killer = BIG numbers (if you had watched "Children of the Corn" by now you would know this).

Try this...

Stand in front of the mirror and repeat after me...

"I see pride...
I see power...
I see a bad ass mother who don't take no crap off of nobody..."

Trust me, it works...(at least it did in "Cool Runnings"...thats a great flick. "Youngblood" is a cool flick too...hockey movie with Rob Lowe...anyway...).

Keep up the good work.
Keep up the Team Work.
Dig the snow.
Make a snowman...snow angel...throw snowballs at the elderly (trust me, they deserve it).

As far as tonite against the Pre-Tenders go. Exact that revenge...pound the boards...don't even let them have the ball...ever. Make them wish you were in the Purple & Gold (Jordan Farmar knows the score). And if they have the same coach...punch that guy in the head (after the game). He sucked.

OK
Bye

Dustin

(And no, we were not using you for Lakers tix...seeing you on that court was a thrill that the Lakers just cant top. We are completely and totally proud of you.)

(Oh yeah...I need tix to the Lakers game when you are here...) :)