Tuesday, December 4, 2007

3-3 whoops

Well we got off to a tremendous start but recently have run into some dark waters. We have dropped 3 in a row after starting off 3-0. The worst part is we lost at home which should never happen!!!! Our home town crowds have been really good I think we are averaging around 6,000 a night which is a whole hell of a lot better then the 4 fans that would watch us at Staples Center. It's nice to have a little noise in the arena. We set an attendance record on opening night with almost 10,000 people coming out to see what was up. But losing at home is a sure fire way to lose a little support but I hope our fans return to see us get right back on track and start putting foot to ass again.
Of the court life has been good. I have seen more snow in the last few weeks then I have in probably 10 years. For right now it is a great change of pace but who knows how long that will last. I dont know how much of -20 I can handle and people tell me that it is coming so....shit. What does a person do when it's that cold? But I guess that's why I play indoors where the temp is always around 70 (kind of like SD all the time indoors and out). I am currently working on transportation. I did not bring my car out here so I have been walking, way too cold for that, and bumming rides from teammates which is getting a little old. Coach Nurse as hopefully locked something down for me so I can get to the gym whenever. Well I am currently staying warm thanks to some help from Momma H and Jessica (she learned to knit in a weekend) well do I expect anything less from her...Love to everyone
Oh and there is a Costco near me...Jackpot or maybe a bad thing and also steve send me your email when you get a chance, I have found a reasonable store with good meat and fruit so thanks bro

1 comment:

Dustin Lane said...

Losing sucks.
Trust me I know.
But...you are on an expansion team. What did you expect..to be the 1972 Miami Dolphins. Your actually not supposed to win at all. So your ahead of the curve. Dig it. Your in the hunt...your doing fine.

OK.

Losing...it can be good. It can show you what you are made of. It can show you how good of a sportsman you are (Brett Farve is a sportsman...at least this year). But the best part of losing is seeing how quickly you can bounce back to being a winner. Because winning is good. Its better than losing (trust me, I know).

Here's what ya do.
Take it upon yourself to get the team back to feeling how you did in the 1st 3 games. Feeling like a winner is key. Go out there (on the court, not on the snow) and throw down...like really hardcore.
Show some serious emotion when you make a shot, rebound, set a pick, whatever.
Turn a layup into a ferocious Dunk. Get a technical and like it (but don't get 2).
Dive for a loose ball and tackle the opposing coach while doing it (and don't help that poor bastard up afterwards).
Eat lima beans (WTF?)

All these things will help. But the most important is go out there and be a leader...a leader of men that win ball games. Tall guys can do this (and you are damn tall).

About the cold weather...Tough it out punk. I haven't seen snow in a decade and I am ready to riot. In LA we get no weather change at all...ever. I need rain, sleet, hail, snow, wind, something...please. If we don't get a flood soon I am going to sit on top of our house and start shooting at the neighbors with a sniper rifle (while wearing your Iowa Energy Jersey).

Thats it for now. And remember to watch Children of the Corn...I think part 7 or 8 was filmed in a winter climate so you might as well start there.

More soon.

Dustin