Friday, March 9, 2012

Frustration Continues

Most of you who know me know that overall I am a very forward looking positive person but lately I am having to try and be this way even harder. My back continues to be suspect and is taking longer than I want to get better. It has been almost a month since the initial injury and I tried to take a little time off to get better but I dont think I took enough time. The timing was terrible because we were finishing our season gearing up for the playoffs. I missed the last 2 games of the regular season which was tough but good to take some time off. But me being me and not wanting to sit the bench I came back and played in the next 2 games, one was for the Polish Cup and the other was the first game of our Playoff pool. I played really well in both games averaging 12pts and 5 rebounds in the 2 games but after the second game in about 10 days I was in trouble. During the bus ride back from the game the drugs that they had given me to be able to play started to wear off and that was all she wrote. I felt like I had been shot in the lower back. EVERYTHING hurt. There was no position or stance that I could get in that would allow my back to relax.
As any of you who have had back issues it is so frustrating because the back is so a part of everything you do and every move you make. Unlike a ankle sprain or bad finger where you can just tape it up a little tighter and get out there, your back cannot be taped! It is the first injury of this kind that I have had that has continued to just nag along. It is now getting better as I have sat out the last 2 weeks and been getting therapy like crazy everyday but I cant wait to get back out there. Our team is in a bit of turmoil right now with a few bad losses and a change in the coach going into the playoffs. Yep fired our head coach the week before we started the playoffs so that has generated some problems because we are working so hard to be good in the playoffs while also working on incorporating the new system from the new coach. Overall the new coach has been helping us get back to playing better basketball but the learning curve based on the timing of it all is making it a little more difficult. I just want to get healthy so I can help the team get back to where we were and start kicking ass again, cant do much from the sidelines!! Next week it is ON!!! On the lighter side of sports as they would say I am currently working on a Podcast. Ya I know I am joining the craze that has become the podcast world. My idea for the podcast is much like this blog, give a quick insight into basketball from on the court but more importantly I want to deliver some of the "behind the scenes" stuff that we all go through while over here playing in Europe. I will have some of my current and former teammates on as guests so we can just share stories of the craziness that happens over here when we are traveling, playing ball, and just living our lives separated from our family and friends for 8-9 months a year. Letting you get a glimpse of what it takes to be a Pro baller that is beyond just the basketball which gives us a great life style but also takes a little bit from all of us. It should be a fun ride and I hope you will all give feed back and let me know what you think. The first episode should be finished this weekend and I will post it I think on YouTube first and post a link here and on Facebook so you can listen in. The episode will be about an hour long so it can be perfect to listen to while working out or driving to work. Hope it catches some wind but I need the feedback to see if it is even good. So I will send the link out next week for all to enjoy. Thanks for reading!! @TheNickyLew on twitter

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hi Nick, I hope your back is getting better, Anwil needs you in Playoffs. I look forward to your Podcast, it's great idea!
All the best
Peter from Włocławek