Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thessaloniki

Go for season start.

Well following a very stressful summer working with my agent to get a good contract for this year, we got a good thing! I signed to play for BC Iraklis in Thessaloniki Greece. The team is in the A1 division which is top 2 or 3 leagues in the world. You may have heard of Olympiacos, which is a top team in Athens that we will be playing against, has won a few European Championships and has courted players like Childress and Kliza from the NBA. So I will have a great opportunity to show my stuff and get good looks from top teams around the world. The Greek league has huge respect for its competitiveness throughout the world.

As for me personally I will be given the opportunity to play a lot of minutes and be one of the top guys for the team. This will be awesome for me to be on the court playing in a top league and getting great exposure. I put in a great summer of hardwork thanks mainly to my trainer in Seattle Michael Brandenburg. We worked out together 3 times a week doing crazy speed and agility drills at his facility in Totem Lake. Michael again thanks you so much for kicking my ass everyday to get better. To see some pics from the workouts checkout my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nick-Lewis/129507237259. I put on about 10 pounds of muscle this summer, dropped body fat, and increased my speed and flexibility exponentially which has so far given me a huge step up in my game thus far this season. I came into camp faster, stronger, and in better shape then I have ever been. I came in to work hard and get down to business this year.

To follow the team the website is www.iraklisbc.gr but good luck unless you speak and or can read Greek. Please check this blog for the updates and the facebook page.

1 comment:

Dustin Lane said...

Here we are... Again.

I would have thought that you would have made it to "The Show" before this season, but now I realize that the last few years have been, well, a blooming period, if you will.

Up until this point you have been an inexperienced, slow, kinda cute but not supersexy, no defense playing, white guy with a good but not great (and only sometimes) haircut.

You have played under some good coaches and against some marginal talent and you have done OK.

You have seen a lot of the world while wearing your jersey and free sneakers.

You have tasted a lot of cuisine which I will never been able to pronounce or have the stomach for.

Oh, and you got married.

But forget all that shite.

According to you, you will now be playing on a top tiered team, in a top tiered league, going up against top tiered talent.

Wonderful.

And complete bullshit.

There will be no more of this "it's going to be a great year and I will learn a lot" shit. Get that shit outta your head.

You should, and you will, dominate this year. Not next year. THIS YEAR.

You know how to play this fucking game.
You know your role on the court. You know your strengths...and your weaknesses.
Stop fucking around.
Put the beat down on those fucking Greeks.
Make Europe and the rest of the Basketball playing world finally know your name.

Why?

Because I said so.
Because I don't want to have to speak Greek to read up on how you are doing because the fucking website for the team you are playing for can only be read if I speak Swahili.
Because no one who digs you can travel to fucking Europe to see you play.
And because I fucking HATE hummus.

Seriously.
You know the score.
Get out there and prove me right. Show everyone that you should be in the NBA. Just like I say you can. Don't make me out to be a stupid, lying, full of shit, punk. I am on your side. Be on mine. Get it done.

Hustle.
Rebounding.
Protect the paint.
Use force but keep your mouth (and your fists) in check.

I am with you. We all are.

Now kick some fucking Euro ass and bring your game back to the States...where is belongs.

I am done...

D.