Monday, November 5, 2007

Current Trade

Well this last week has brought about some serious changes. As of Tuesday Oct 30 I was still a Los Angeles D-fender, but as of Wednesday morning I had been traded and placed in the Dleague draft. This meant that any of the 14 teams including the D-fenders could pick me up. Well The D-fenders did not select me and I was drafted by the Iowa Energy. The Energy is an expantion team new to the league this year. They are affiliated with the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat. So on Wednesday Nov. 7 I will board a plane and head out to Iowa. This is going to be a huge change but the oppurtuntiy seems very promising. The Energy were very interested in me and I received a call from the head coach not more than a few hours of being released by the D-fenders. It was a great feeling to be wanted like that.
Being a new team in the league offers me an oppurtunity to blast in there and show what I can do. A new team and a great new start. The team has a brand new arena and is located in Des Moines, a great city with no competition for fans. So hopefully we will draw large crowds and have a great following. I did check out the weather in Des Moines for this week and the average temp was 36 so I guess I should dust of my heavy coat and sweatshirts. But this is exactly why I play an indoor sport. The temp inside the arena is always the same and the court never really ices over so thats a bonus. I am starting a great new adventure that will end in great success. I will most definately miss being in SD but it beats being all the way across an ocean.
On a side note my mom is doing very well and is currently surfing in Mexico with a group of her friends....if that isnt badass then I dont know what is. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

1 comment:

steve said...

So i have a million questions to bug you with...

1)You feeling the Mid-West yet?
2)Do you guys have a Team weight coach?
3)What is the name of your teams website?
4)how are the facilities in the new stadium?
5)They provide a car for you?

The name of the grocery store i used to buy my food at in the M.West is called mejier (not sure on spelling)...it's the only place i could find good fruits/veggies and things not deep fried.

Steve Booth